Who can enter?
Anyone who pays council tax, or works in an organisation that pays business rates to Newcastle City Council in the financial years 2009 -2010 or 2010 -2011. Individuals outside of those boundaries (but still in the North East), who support residents, schools and businesses within Newcastle upon Tyne, may also be eligible in the following award categories only: Shining Light for Youth Development; Shining Light for Inspiring Education; Shining Light for Enterprising Excellence; Shining Light for Enterprise, and The Lord Mayor’s Enterprise Award.
Rules of entry
- Entries must be completed by the entrant, or by a nominator (with the entrant's agreement and input). The entrants can and should seek support for completing the entry form.
- There are additional criteria for individual awards which entrants must check prior to submitting their entry.
- Entrants can enter for one award only.
- All those shortlisted will go forward for the Lord Mayor’s Enterprise Award.
- All entries are treated in confidence.
- We reserve the right to use entry form content for scripts & for promotional/publicity purposes.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The organisers reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant supplying false information in their entry and the judges’ reserve the right to audit any information supplied.
- By completing an entry to the Awards, you agree to all the rules of entry and agree to have met the individual award criteria.
How to enter?
Read the rules of entry and individual award criteria BEFORE proceeding with your entry.
Complete the online entry form. Only entries submitted via the online forms will be accepted.
Get help and support to complete the entry form – see the Partners page for organisations and individuals who can advise you and answer any questions.
Closing date for entries is 5.00pm on Saturday 14th August 2010.